Sunday, February 25, 2007

Birthday Blast!!

Four words : Had a great day :)

My wide smile stretches a mile !! ( Linguistically only. Don't let you imagination run berserk)

To start with, yesterday night my dad wished me at 12 in the night, which is a rare occasion in itself. Got up around 7.45 and started helping out Mom, who conjured up an amazing meal for my party within a couple of grueling hours. I rushed off to get my birthday cake. When I returned home, helmet still on, bags clutched in both hands, my friends were already there !!
And then began a fiesta of fun and entertainment. And gifts !!

Padma gave me a cute glass painting of Calvin and Hobbes she made. Though she didn't sign it, it will remind me of her forever. Thanks Paddy :) I also got a Zodiac mug with most of my piscean traits mentioned.

Even I had surprises planned, which included a Chinese menu, a yummmy chocolate cake and a Treasure Hunt!! It was fun to make ppl run around for a treasure of chocolates which was finally distributed amongst all :D

The biggest surprise was yet to come. This was a CD called Tarane, which has a superb video about our college days AND some songs sung by my talented friends themselves.
They are songs with the murder of music in some places and excellence of melody in others. They are songs full of goof-ups, fun and lots of love . They are songs which I will treasure for life. :)

Later in the day, my parents arrived home with a beautiful gold chain and pendant which again was a big surprise. Because my mom doesn't believe in surprises and always tells me what my b'day gift is going to be !!

All in all : Had a great day :)

2 comments:

Krishna said...

O yes we had a fantastic time ourselves!

Murali said...

this is the blog police on its routine rounds...
Inactivity detected!

Fine of 10 punds levied on Culprit...Collection pending, fine to be abolished upon writing of new post in near future...

dope wearing off ....