Monday, November 16, 2009

Woman of Substance

Before my sister got married, both of us used to love to browse the matrimonial section of the sunday newspaper as a source of entertainment. We would read the posts and make fun of the some of them :D

So yesterday I thought of doing the same after a long time, but this time I found something very insipirational.
I saw a post in "Wanted Grooms" section . The post was something like this:
" 29 yr old girl, 5'7'', B.Com, good looking, HIV positive. Seeking a boy who is HIV positive...."


I suddenly felt very inspired. I imagined a spotlight on these few lines, which illuminated the sincerity, honesty and spirit for life this girl possesses.
She is telling the world that she is a normal girl who wants to have someone love her, understand her and protect her. First of all, she is brave enough to admit to the world that she is HIV positive.
Secondly, by wanting to marry someone who is HIV positive she is ensuring that the guy understands her and most importantly doesnt feel obliged to take care of her or feel that he's stuck with her.

Without even knowing her, I feel very proud of this girl and wish her the best in life :)

1 comment:

Murali said...

yeah quite brave of her...

Nice post goley...